Best Free Anti Virus and Phone Locator

SuperCK

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi All

I have a free version of Verizon Mobile security software powered by McAfee. It just a virus/malware scan. In order to get phone locator i need to pay 1.99 a month. Is there a free software out there that will provide both free.

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I use securitygotrust. And for a phone locator coildnt live with out Android lost best app ever. Look up some videos on it you will love it.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I am using AVG Anti Virus and it's really reliable. The best thing is that it would scan each file that I install on my phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

blaue_tinte

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
if you compare different antivirus soft, you'ld see, that avg and kaspersky are proiding basic protection. if you want such functions as "lost phone", you gotta to find smth more sophisticated

filking762

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I use avg free, and that provides all the protection I need, and lost phone/locate phone, including lock phone, wipe phone, etc.

Avgmobilation.com. anti-theft login. Not sure what more you would need?

Posted via Android Central App

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Avast works really well, it even has a root option to embed itself into your system to survive a factory reset. Best of all its free.

Avg along with Norton and kaspersky are one of those companies that make viruses to plague people with. Then a few months later they release a new version if their software with the fix for it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

filking762

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Avg along with Norton and kaspersky are one of those companies that make viruses to plague people with. Then a few months later they release a new version if their software with the fix for it.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Those 'rumours' have been going round for the last 20 years. Not proved but wouldn't surprise anyone. Tell me why you think avast don't do that as well?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Lookout uses a lot of battery u can use avg or avast

Posted via Android Central App

Interesting--I found the opposite when comparing Lookout and Avast head-to-head on my phone. Avast used battery more quickly than Lookout. I think they're both excellent apps, but I prefer Lookout due to its better battery usage profile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie