Samsung Kies: Cannot Get It To Work

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
When I first heard about Kies about 2 months or so ago, I still was using my Galaxy Nexus, so I installed the software, followed the steps, and it never got past connecting. Move forward a few months, and now I've got the S4, well, Kies still gets stuck on connecting...this software just refuses to work. Any ideas why it won't work, or how to get it to work?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When I first heard about Kies about 2 months or so ago, I still was using my Galaxy Nexus, so I installed the software, followed the steps, and it never got past connecting. Move forward a few months, and now I've got the S4, well, Kies still gets stuck on connecting...this software just refuses to work. Any ideas why it won't work, or how to get it to work?
Here is the Kies support page: Where can I get support for Kies? : Cell Phones | Samsung

Are there any errors or messages being displayed? If so, let us know so we can help troubleshoot your problems. Knowing what machine you are trying to install Kies onto would help as well.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been to that site already, it didn't help, that's why I posted here!

There is no error messages, as I said it gets to connecting and gets stuck there.

I am trying to install it on my desktop computer, if successful -- which never happens with Kies -- then I'll also install it on my laptop.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been to that site already, it didn't help, that's why I posted here!

There is no error messages, as I said it gets to connecting and gets stuck there.

I am trying to install it on my desktop computer, if successful -- which never happens with Kies -- then I'll also install it on my laptop.

Uninstall everything, including the device drivers and try again. Reboot both the computer and phone then try to connect. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I plan on doing a complete reinstall of Windows most likely this weekend, so I'll make Kies the first piece of third party software I install.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I plan on doing a complete reinstall of Windows most likely this weekend, so I'll make Kies the first piece of third party software I install.
Remember to install the Galaxy S4 Drivers as well. Go to the Samsung support page and enter your S4 model number or carrier and download the drivers: Samsung

Let us know how things go once you re-install Windows and Kies.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Go to the Samsung support page and enter your S4 model number or carrier and download the drivers: Samsung

For obvious reasons, my phone wouldn't be on the Samsung us site, but the funny thing is, my model [SGH-I337M] number may be on the Canadian site, but sub-model(?) number is not there either. So, I cannot get the drivers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar