Hey all, I have had an att Xperia Ion for about 7 months. Just recently I have been told that it sounds like I am speaking underwater. I turned off noise suppression, and have tried calling different people with different providers, I have even recorded my own voice on it (the only way i could hear anything is if i was shouting). can anyone help me out with this?
    07-08-2013 11:14 AM
    My wife found that using a good Bluetooth headset improved both the transmitting and receiving sound quality.
    07-08-2013 11:22 AM
    ok...but that doesn't really solve the existing issue...
    07-08-2013 11:55 AM
    Does the poor call quality happen consistently or randomly? It could be a hardware (microphone) issue since you reported an issue with recording your own voice. You can try a factory reset and see if that clears up any issues. If not, try contacting the carrier or Sony for a repair/replacement.
    07-08-2013 01:04 PM
    it happens every time. I'm afraid its a hardware issue. Anyone have any experience returning a phone? How much of a pain is it?
    07-08-2013 01:47 PM
    ok...but that doesn't really solve the existing issue...
    Sorry, I was thinking that the sound quality was a longstanding issue. Do you know for certain that it suddenly became low quality, and that it was high quality before? I ask because there are certainly phones as well as wireless providers whose sound quality is just plain poor. My wife used to have AT&T, and when she switched to Verizon here in the SF Bay Area, she noticed a significant improvement in reception and transmission sound quality. I used to have a Droid Incredible on Verizon, and when I switched to a Razr Maxx, I noticed a big improvement in sound quality as well.
    07-08-2013 02:12 PM
    it happens every time. I'm afraid its a hardware issue. Anyone have any experience returning a phone? How much of a pain is it?
    How long have you had the phone? Check with the retailer or Sony and see if they'll replace it. I've had no experience with this so can't say what will happen. Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-08-2013 10:49 PM
    I used to have an ion, too. I remember the call quality being really poor from day one. If it's gotten worse for you, definitely call Sony and they'll replace it for you. I've sent them stuff before, takes about two weeks all together. If you don't have a spare phone to use in the meantime, you might want to go the AT&T Corporate route for a return. I've never dealt with them, though.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
    srkmagnus likes this.
    07-09-2013 12:32 AM
    Good information to know, Paul. Thanks for sharing.

paul-c likes this.
    07-09-2013 07:42 AM
    Good information to know, Paul. Thanks for sharing.

No problem.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
    07-09-2013 06:53 PM