Samsung i9305 no sim problem

slim1092

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
hi m i have a problem with my phone where one of my friend did something on my phone and now it does not recognize any sim cards. i have tried to factory reset but nothing changed.
i read some posts that you have commented and i went to download mode it says
I also tried to do what a site indicated me to do which were Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXBMD5 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305

and also

Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 on Android 4.1.2 XXBMD5 Jelly Bean

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9305
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (3 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

also does not allow me to update the software after the factory reset
here is a screenshot

can you please help me.

many thanks

PS- the sim card works with other phones. i am from uk

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1

Dany Ionutz

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem and I don`t know how to fix it after an odin operation failed...it showed me an menu in downliading mode and I've tried to do the operation manualy in that menu and after reboot it doezn`t recognize any sim card...I`ve tried difernt ones but nothing...and also inserted those sim cards in other phone and it works. Can anibody help me please? Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

Fabio G Martins

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I'm facing the same problem.

I'm from Brazil, but I bought the I9305 in Hong Kong last year (2013). On early 2014 some software update became available and I accepted the installation, the android got updated to the 4.3 version and now I just can't use the phone with my own SIM card, also all the SIM cards that I've tried is not working as well. Does anybody now if samsung would give support for a non rooted version since the problem appears only after their own update?

Best Regards

Fabio G. Martins

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
To the OP:

1) Rooting has nothing to do with the SIM.

2) Go to your carrier's service center (or ask at the local store where the service center is) and be honest - that a friend did something to your phone and now it won't recognize the SIM. They can fix it - even if they have to reflash the ROM and burn a new SIM. Then you'll have to decide whether recovering the cost from your friend is worth the friendship.

3) Rooted phones usually won't OTA update. They're considered modified.

To the others:
The 4.3 update had some bugs. The carrier may be able to reflash to an earlier ROM. If not, and the phone isn't still under warranty, you may have a legal battle on your hands. They (whoever sent out the update to your phone) broke the phone but won't accept liability.