How Do I Go From A Motorola Droid To A Droid X

android my central

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a new Droid X if I'm under contract from the original Motorola Droid purchased on 6 November 2010. I don't want to purchase an X at the huge retail price, just do a new contract. So does anyone know if it's possible. TIA!

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well check with Verizon. They might let you upgrade early. Now as for getting the phone, just make sure your contacts are synced up to your gmail account and on the new droid x, just log in with your gmail account and all of your contacts should move right over with no issues and any paid programs you have purchased through app market, should allow you to re-download them with out having to re-pay for them.

HTH,
Charlie

EndorphinRush

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Verizon offered some an early upgrade option I've had this contract since Sept and I got a flyer in the mail addressed specifically for me with the option to upgrade. Might be able to since they are no longer going to have the droids in stock. Could be cheaper for them in the long run in case you have problems

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

scubaz71

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Check with Verizon. We were not eligible for an upgrade till 7/13/11, but they let us get the Droid2 and DroidX last Thursday with instant rebate, promo price new 2yr agreement, and billed everything to our Verizon account.

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I wanted a new phone so bad that I actually swithed my wife and I to the family share plane and then added a third line that got me the dx on but when I go in to activate it I will actvate my old flip phone on the new line and the dx on my ine. I know it's the long way around but it's still gonna be about the same pice as before with our discounts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge