Exynos 5250 (A15 dual core) vs Rk3188 (A9 quad core)

Which processor?

• Total voters

Ramjali

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I was going to buy a tablet for uni, and as i have some experience with computers i decided to compare the tablets and buy which was best for me, however i realized I'm a complete greenhorn in terms of phone/tablet hardware.

I found that these two processor was the ones i had to pick from:

Samsung Exynos 5250 - A15 Dual core @ 2 Ghz
Has an excellent GPU T-604

Rockwell Rk3188 - A9 Quad core @ 1.8 GHz
Has an decent GPU Mali 400

I know that the Exynos has a MUCH better GPU and has the newer A15 architecture, clocked at higher speed but is a dual core.
But the Rockwell is a quad core but has a older A9 architure and has the worse GPU.

I tried to search for a comparison but came nil because I was comparing between different release date/architecture.

Could you guys people explain to this newbie the advantages and disadvantages of each processor, and which one i should pick?

Which Processor is better? why is it better? Better by how much?
Which processor would be better at Nds emulation? I know android nds emulator support multicore and GPU support
Rk3188 (quad core) vs exynos (better GPU, architechture)
Which one has the lower battery consumption?

Thank you for your time.

murak

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The rk3188 has had some minor lag-problems on some Chinese tablets in the past, however the firmware has been updated to address that and many other things. Now it's a solid, somewhat low power (28nm) quadcore soc with a aging but well supported gpu, which might be good for emulation, I don't know. It's Rockchip btw ;). The 5250 is a really nice chip in that way that it's a ARM A15 soc (newer, more powerful compared to A9) but dualcore so it won't be to expensive to make (less die size). As for the gpu, its powerfull and probably will be supported for a long time (just a guess).

I think there are a lot of performance benchmarks out there but my bet is on the 5250. There are not many devices to choose from yet though :) The voyo A15 seems like a good bargain but I have not seen a review yet. Hope this helps you :)

GL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol