Anyone know of a way to block my son's phone from calling or texting specific phone numbers? I want him to be able to add phone numbers and contacts, but be unable to call or text a couple of specific phone #s. Is there a way to do this? I have Verizon but their number blocking service only works for incoming calls, not for outgoing.
    07-09-2013 03:08 PM
    I don't know how well this works, but I did find this app on the Play Store that says it will block them or require a pin to call a number. Maybe it will do what you want (you might need the pro version)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lconfirm&hl=en

Searching the Play Store for "Outgoing Call Blocker" returns a few other options as well. Good luck and I'll be curious if you find any of those work (my kid is getting a phone soon and I might need something like this)
    07-09-2013 04:05 PM
    Thanks EvilMonkey, I actually did notice that app when I was searching earlier for something, but judging by the description it sounds like it just disables all outgoing calls, and I need for my son to be able to call me or his mom or family members or 911, just not certain numbers. Basically he is using his phone to spread harmful rumors about his older sister by texting or calling her friends. He thinks it's fun, but no matter how many times we've talked with him, he will not stop.

I stumbled across this app called Call Guard(SMS & Call Blocker) while searching today and it sounds like it may be what I'm looking for, wondering if anyone has used it or if at least it sounds to other people that it'll do what I need it to: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result
    07-09-2013 04:34 PM