I have been looking on the Google Play Store on and off for the past few months but had no luck. My budget is $5 or less per app (I am willing to go over if the app is really great, such as it making me coffee first thing in the morning).

Phone Call Recording App
    This one is easy to describe but I had been having trouble finding one. Basically I am looking for an app to record phone conversations. For saving voicemails I use a male to male headphone cord and record them to my laptop but in the case of a live call that will not work.

Always On Voice Recording App
    My smartphone came with a sound recording app but when I lock the screen (to save my battery life) the app stops recording. Several of my professors for my university lectures allow us to record their lectures if we so desire but having my screen on for 3 hours is a non-starter. I could look around for my micro-cassette recorder (assuming I could find new micro-cassettes) but serious this is 2013 and there has to be a better solution.
    07-09-2013 09:56 PM
    Hopefully you find a recording app that meets your needs. Regarding the screen lock, try adjusting the screen timeout and screen lock as needed. You should be able to adjust screen off without the phone locking.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-09-2013 10:02 PM
    Please keep in mind that recording calls in the US without the other party's consent is completely illegal in many states, and of questionable legality in other states.
    07-09-2013 10:14 PM
    I am looking for the same app, I currently use a digital recorder and put the phone on speaker when I need to record the call, but it would be nice to have one that does it internally. I have even used a basic voice recorder app and simply turned it on, then turn on the speaker phone.

That is why every call to a business says "this call is recorded for quality purposes" at the beginning of the conversation. Of course it's not just for quality purposes, but it meets a legal definition of "informing the caller they are being recorded". Where you get into trouble is recording a conversation you are not part of. If in a two party state that gives you a recording saying this call is recorded, I simply reply Ditto.

Who must give permission to record a telephone or in-person conversation?

Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation. Furthermore, if you are not a party to the conversation, a "one-party consent" law will allow you to record the conversation or phone call so long as your source consents and has full knowledge that the communication will be recorded.

In addition to federal law, thirty-eight states and the District of Columbia have adopted "one-party consent" laws and permit individuals to record phone calls and conversations to which they are a party or when one party to the communication consents. See the State Law: Recording section of this legal guide for information on state wiretapping laws. Many people do this by either puting the phone on speaker and using a digital recorder you can get at any office depot or best buy. I do it when I am dealing with companies that may later try to say "I didn't agree to that, or if I simply need to take down information faster than I can write it. Some have a poor memory, recording important calls can improve your memory.

When must you get permission from everyone involved before recording?

Twelve states require the consent of every party to a phone call or conversation in order to make the recording lawful. These "two-party consent" laws have been adopted in California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington (Hawai'i is also in general a one-party state, but requires two-party consent if the recording device is installed in a private place). Although they are referred to as "two-party consent" laws, consent must be obtained from every party to a phone call or conversation if it involves more than two people. In some of these states, it might be enough if all parties to the call or conversation know that you are recording and proceed with the communication anyway, even if they do not voice explicit consent. See the State Law: Recording section of this legal guide for information on specific states' wiretapping laws.
    08-25-2013 06:25 AM