What app created this battery meter icon?

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I recently installed Battery Widget and love the battery percentage icon it places in the top bar. The only problem is that I have another app that has already put one there and I want to get rid of it. Anyone know what app has placed the left-most battery icon there or know an easy way to figure this out? Thanks.

screen.png

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Is it related to a setting on your phone?

My S3 has a check box in settings, to show battery percentage.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you both for the input. It isn't related to the widgets for sure, because I can turn that one odd and add a third battery percentage to the status bar ;)

It isn't part of the battery settings on my HTC One that I can tell.

I don't think it's part of Nova launcher as I can't find a setting for it. Any other ideas?

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
It's not in the battery settings on my S3,its in Display settings.

Of course we're talking about 2 different manufacturer's.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate it. The other thing I want to try is disabling a few apps without removing them from my device. Is this what is called "freezing" an app in the Android world? If not, how would I go about disabling an app without removing it or resetting all the settings?

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate it. The other thing I want to try is disabling a few apps without removing them from my device. Is this what is called "freezing" an app in the Android world? If not, how would I go about disabling an app without removing it or resetting all the settings?

Yes, system apps can be disabled in settings.
3rd party apps require a standalone app like Titanium Backup.
I've never used Titanium, but it gets rave reviews in the forums I read.

Sent from my M470BSA

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
If you pull down the status bar is there an ongoing notification for that icon? If so then you can press and hold on it, then hit "app info" and freeze it from there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense--Widgetsoid is similar to Power Toggles, which also gives the option to have a battery meter in the notification bar. Thanks for following up--I wish more people would do so, because it's very helpful for other people who may have the same question. And it also helps us, the Ambassadors, because the we can file this away in our memory banks and look like geniuses when someone else has a similar question!

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah no problem, I hate it when I land on a thread that asks the same question I'm going to and no one ever posted the solution.

I ended up looking up some suspect apps on the google play store and looking at screen shots to identify which app was adding the offending icon. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12