Hopefully this is in the right forum, if not maybe someone could move it for me.

Here is the problem. I (and I'm sure many many other people) have an android tablet AND mobile phone.

The tablet is at home connected to the wifi, and therefore reports that location all the time, even when I'm out with the mobile connection to data. So my location is wrong.
    If you turn off the location sharing on the tablet in g+, it also turns it off on the mobile, as they are sharing the same accounts. The only way we can see is to disconnect the wifi on the tablet when going out.

Without using NFC's or seperate accounts, can anyone see a way round this?

Edit: In latitude, which is ending, you could turn off reporting on a device. Not with G+.

This is the 2nd problem with G+ location (1st being no way to view location map from a PC) so hopefully google will update sometime before aug.
    07-14-2013 02:27 PM
    As an update to this, I have been using location a lot and noticed that it doesn't auto update locations and there is no option. Keep hitting refresh and eventually it changes.
    It also occasionally re-asks whether you want to turn on location sharing, (even when it is on), when you keep hitting refresh.
    07-16-2013 11:41 AM
    Ermmm, looks like an update has arrived for Google maps... Nice design. Also, the settings now has an option to select to say whether this tablet reports location.

Sounds positive, we will have to test when out tomorrow.

G+ = +1

Posted via Android Central App
    07-17-2013 08:23 PM
    I assume judging by the views and no replies, no one either has a comment on this or uses it. But we find it very useful.

Anyway, an update after the new map ver.

Went out today and watched the location screen while travelling and I was not updated on the map at all, for about an hour.
    BUT, my partner, on her basic phone, was updated constantly and was with the vehicle all the way to the destination.
    I'm on android ver 4.1.2, she is on 2.0.2..
    Both same 3g network..

Confusing.......
    07-18-2013 12:41 PM