To make my MID much faster, I've uninstalled several apps on my Coby Kyros 9740. One of the apps had a scheduler for Airplane Mode. It was set to turn on Airplane Mode during the day and late at night. Even though I've uninstalled the app, the schedule persists. I don't remember what app scheduled the Airplane Mode. How can I disable the schedule?

Thanks
    07-15-2013 09:28 AM
    Go into system settings > applications > sort by running.

See if there is an app running in the background that might be controlling this. If not, try a reboot. If you still don't see a change then you might want to consider a factory reset. It sounds like the app left the setting on the device or there is another app controlling the Airplane mode schedule.

What app did you install?
    07-15-2013 10:08 AM
    I have 7 running services: Settings; Weather; Outlook.com; Update Service; Google Play Store; Google Services; Android Keyboard. the 4 running processes are: Launcher; Outlook.com; Firefox; Package Access Helper. All of these I've had before. I've tried a reboot, but Airplane Mode still kicks in on the schedule. I refuse to do a factory reset---it took me too long to set up the tablet the way it is now---rooted, with several tweaks which make it run like a top.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which app I installed. I will check my history with Google Play Store, reinstall the app and then try to disable the schedule.

Thanks for replying.
    07-15-2013 11:10 AM
    I have 7 running services: Settings; Weather; Outlook.com; Update Service; Google Play Store; Google Services; Android Keyboard. the 4 running processes are: Launcher; Outlook.com; Firefox; Package Access Helper. All of these I've had before. I've tried a reboot, but Airplane Mode still kicks in on the schedule. I refuse to do a factory reset---it took me too long to set up the tablet the way it is now---rooted, with several tweaks which make it run like a top.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which app I installed. I will check my history with Google Play Store, reinstall the app and then try to disable the schedule.

Thanks for replying.
    You are welcome. Hopefully finding the app you installed will fix it -- check user reviews and see if this is a common or isolated problem. Often apps will install a second .apk without you knowing and it could stay on the phone even though the app was removed.
    07-15-2013 11:22 AM
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go through all my apk's to see if there's an added app. I think I found the app I used before...more to investigate
    07-16-2013 07:05 AM
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go through all my apk's to see if there's an added app. I think I found the app I used before...more to investigate
    Let us know what you find. Just in case others come across the same issue it would be helpful to post the app you may have used and if the issue is resolved without a factory reset.
    07-16-2013 08:02 AM
    I will.
    07-16-2013 11:51 AM
    I found the app. It's Phone Schedule version 1.4.006. I reinstalled it and set up a new schedule.

Not too happy that an app can alter my android tablet so deeply.
    07-17-2013 07:02 AM
    I found the app. It's Phone Schedule version 1.4.006. I reinstalled it and set up a new schedule.

Not too happy that an app can alter my android tablet so deeply.
    Glad you found it. I would report the issue to the developer. Upon uninstallation, the app should remove itself completely. The settings remnant should have disappeared along with the app.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    07-17-2013 09:31 AM
    I agree. App is too invasive. I've reinstalled it, cleared the scheduled tasks, uninstalled it, but it still enters airplane mode from the original schedule that I had set. So as of now, I have to keep the app running just to clear the original schedule.
    07-18-2013 06:52 AM
    Glad you found it. I would report the issue to the developer. Upon uninstallation, the app should remove itself completely. The settings remnant should have disappeared along with the app.
    Great suggestion. The developer should be made aware and settings should revert to stock or pre-installation of that app.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-18-2013 09:35 AM
    Great suggestion. The developer should be made aware and settings should revert to stock or pre-installation of that app.
    I notified the developer and explained what is happening to my tablet. If there's a fix, I'll post it.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    07-19-2013 09:19 AM
    I notified the developer and explained what is happening to my tablet. If there's a fix, I'll post it.
    That's great -- Keep us posted.
    07-20-2013 09:46 AM
    My problem is solved. Here's what I did:
    • Reinstalled Phone Schedule.
    • Created new schedules to counteract the one that I couldn't get rid of.
    • Deleted the new schedules.
    • Uninstalled Phone Schedule completely.
    • Reinstalled Phone Schedule. (When I did this, the original schedule showed up.)
    • Deleted the old schedule
    • Uninstalled Phone Schedule.

No more Airplane Mode kicking in!!!
    07-30-2013 12:31 PM