Weird Mark On Screen After Factory Reset

anon(5140585)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I father-in-law has an Atrix 2 and the screen was in perfect condition. It was running extremely slow, so i did a factory reset for him. There is now a weird mark on his screen that seems to get bigger everyday. I told him it has nothing to do with the factory reset, but I believe he may have had it in his one cargo pocket and press against something. There is no visible damage to the exterior of the screen. I have attached a photo to see if anyone has had this happen and/or know what it could possibly be if it is not from physical damage.

photo.JPG

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen that on one of my old laptop LCD screens. They're a bunch of dead pixels, and it will probably spread. Not sure if there's anything you can do to reverse it--sorry! Additional trauma can hasten the deterioration, so tell your father-in-law to protect that screen from bumps and thumps.

anon(5140585)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I figured it was dead pixels, but some seemed to disappear, almost like it is moving around or transforming. There use to be some in the center of the mark, but they are no longer there. Thanks though

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong--after all, the screen technology might be a little different from the old LCD on my laptop. You could try running a dead pixel test app--just go to Google Play and search for "dead pixel."

anon(5140585)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
so i ran a deal pixel app, and no luck. As of today, it appears the blemishes seem to be moving around. Look at attached image. Did anyone every experience this?

Attachments

• IMG_0003[1].jpg
    IMG_0003[1].jpg
    641.5 KB · Views: 3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Kind of weird. A failing LCD can cause dead pixels to spread, but I've never seen them move around.