The Firmware Update Conundrum...Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)

Ryan Gehret

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm relatively new to the Android world; I purchased my Galaxy S4 two months ago. I rooted it, because the advantages sounded good to me. Well, a couple days ago I heard about a firmware update, so I attempted to update (not knowing rooting basically breaks OTA updates). I was able to proceed and download the update, but the install failed, so I tried again. No dice, it said my software was up to date, when I know for a fact that it was and is still not updated. I'm on I337UCUAMDL, and the newest is I337UCUAMF3.

I did a factory reset, completely wiped the phone and reflashed the stock ROM. Still couldn't update. Factory reset two more times, still nothing. I had AT&T replace my phone with an entirely new handset and I STILL can't get the update.

I've tried Kies aswell, it says the same thing it does on my phone, that my software is up to date. I know at least three people with the exact same S4 as mine and they updated on the spot, in no time at all. I'm completely puzzled as to why I can't; the only thing I can think of is my Google Account might be causing an issue. Anyone know what's going on here?

I appreciate any help with this. Thanks

gollapudis

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat.. cant update to I337UCUAMF3.. Everytime I check for an update it says my current software (I337UCUAMDL) is up to date.

Ryan Gehret

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site