Infuse power button failed. Have loaded and successfully ran ADB but do not know how to call up the file for infuse button assignments.
    Would like to make Volume Down new power button but I am not sure what will then lower volume. I am pretty sure I need a mechanical button to use in place of the power button so the touch home button would not do. I have tried the Button Remapper app, but it only found 4 buttons and did not include the power or volume buttons. And button savior only adds touch screen buttons. In the meantime I have removed the old power button and soldered in an external power button on a cord as a temporary measure. Any help would be most appreciated.
    07-16-2013 07:36 PM
    so your having problems with your power button sticking?
    07-20-2013 10:33 PM
    Actually it is stuck and of course the phone continues in a continuous start up mode. I have successfully removed the offending button and replaced it with a small micro push button glued to the outside of the phone. I bought a replacement pushbutton online and found it impossible to re-solder in because the solder just flowed across all the connections and shorted out. That is when I decided to go with the external push button. It seems to work well, it is just a little bit bulky sticking out from the sleek phone.
    At one point I thought that the on / off / wake button could be assigned to another hardware button, but my research seems to suggest that I would loose the function of the say lower volume button and that is not acceptable to me, so that is when I decided to go with the external button. I only have to make it last 60 days and my contract is up. Thank you for your response.
    07-28-2013 04:00 PM