data doesn't reconnect after being switched off for a few hours

Josef Korea

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I am running android 4.0 on a huawei ascend g600.

Sometimes I switch data off for a few hours so I don't waste data. I do this by "disabling" The data switch. When it cpmes time to switch it back on, the mobile data doesnt reconnect until i restart the phone

I have enabled "always on mobile data"

Anything else i need to do?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Sometimes I switch data off for a few hours so I don't waste data. I do this by "disabling" The data switch. When it cpmes time to switch it back on, the mobile data doesnt reconnect until i restart the phone

When you switch data back on try switching airplane mode off then on. See if this helps regain data without having to restart the device.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

srkmagnus may be on to something. There may be a bug in the software that doesn't correlate what you are trying to do with reconnecting and turning airplane mode on then off will force the radios to reconnect.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
No idea if getting to airplane mode is easy on your device. I've never used a Huawei tbh. If you have to dig through menus you may wish to consider downloading Power Toggles. It's a free app that puts the toggles in your pull down menu or on your homescreen. Would save you a bunch of taps possibly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE