Hi folks,

What i'm trying to achieve probably requires an app, and I realise there are a couple of different ways I could go about it. I'm going to deploy 30 android tablets to a classroom in the College where I work, and since I love android, i'd rather not see this little experiment fail. Through a combination of "App Lock" and a widely distributed MDM, I have been able to accomplish most of my requirements, however i'd still like to be able to lock down the home screen, in particular, remove the ability for users to change the wallpaper (I have a nightmare that this feature would be abused from day one!).

I have looked at using different launchers (tried Apex and Smart Launcher) which nicely lock down the home screen, but they still allow users to change the launcher preferences which makes that approach a bit pointless.

If anyone has any tips i'd be muchly grateful!

Thanks
    07-23-2013 04:03 AM
    I believe you can lock the system settings with App Lock. This should prevent access to the settings that allow the wallpaper to be changed. I will keep a look out for a better solution to prevent wallpaper from being changed.
    07-23-2013 07:28 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I have got App Lock set that way, which I thought was great, until I realised you can still press and hold on the home screen which still lets you change the wallpaper :-(
    07-23-2013 08:13 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I have got App Lock set that way, which I thought was great, until I realised you can still press and hold on the home screen which still lets you change the wallpaper :-(
    I thought about that, but figured the settings would prevent it from being accessed.

What features or apps will be granted access to your students? Because you might be able to lock the camera and browser to prevent downloading any new images or wallpapers. Erase the existing wallpapers that exists (leaving the one you want) and see how that works. There has to be a launcher that enables these types of features. Though, I'm afraid it may be geared more towards children.
    07-23-2013 10:10 AM