No lock screen widgets with PIN enabled?

Unsy1115

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I know this thread has been done to death several times already but I feel the need to rant. I traded in my barely day old iPhone 5 to get the Galaxy S4 for its customisability and raw power, and I love the phone so far, its amazing in almost every way. Except one. I can't even have so much as a camera shortcut on my lockscreen with PIN enabled. So when something suddenly happens and I want to quickly get my phone out and take a photo, I can't because the phone doesn't let me have widgets on the lockscreen. I have to enter my PIN, and then browse for the camera app. Thats completely unfair, when I hear most other android phones have this capability. Really not happy that such a fundamental feature for an Android phone is missing on the FLAGSHIP Samsung phone. Hell, even my iPhone 4 has shortcuts to the camera and music controls when PIN lock is enabled on the lockscreen. I know you're going to chuck the security argument at me, but its my phone and therefore I should be the one to decide how secure it is or isn't. Not Samsung. I thought the whole point of Android over iPhone was you could customise YOUR phone and have things the way YOU wanted it. So, now that my rant is over, is there any way at all of enabling it by say, third party app? Or not possible?