how keep my sd card file apart from my phone

clandin07

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
i just recently change from iPhone to galaxy s4 so be patient is way different on the settings, i just bought a micro-se 64GB, and transfer a couple file, vids and photo, how can i manage the stuff i want to show, for example my photo and vids are in the SD but they also showing in my gallery, how can i manage that, and if there is any way i can lock it with a password or something.
Thank you for your time.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i just recently change from iPhone to galaxy s4 so be patient is way different on the settings, i just bought a micro-se 64GB, and transfer a couple file, vids and photo, how can i manage the stuff i want to show, for example my photo and vids are in the SD but they also showing in my gallery, how can i manage that, and if there is any way i can lock it with a password or something.
Thank you for your time.

Welcome to the forums!
The gallery just shows you all your picture files, regardless of where they are saved. You pics are still on your SD card, the Gallery app is just showing them all to you so that you don't have to dig for them.

As for securing your SD card, you can encrypt it, which does put a password on it, but you will also have to encrypt the device before you can do that. I have never done it before, but I know just encrypting the device can take a while.

There are apps on Play that allow you to password protect specific apps on your phone from other people, I have used App Lock. It works pretty well.

Last edited:

clandin07

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you the app is very helpful, just download it.
So you where saying that there is not a way you can manage the thing you wants to show up on the gallery app from your SD-Card? so i should give up on my search

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you the app is very helpful, just download it.
So you where saying that there is not a way you can manage the thing you wants to show up on the gallery app from your SD-Card? so i should give up on my search

I don't think managing pics is done the way you want. There are icons that are supposed to indicate where the file comes from. However, I have not had a stock ROM in a while, and I almost always moved pics to my SD card so all pics were in the same spot.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.