I'm just wondering, has anyone filled their phone's memory yet? I mean like both internal and external (microSD) memory. I've yet to have heard anyone do that yet I've maxed out my iPod Touch's memory a few times.

For anyone that has had this happen, where do you place that extra data? Do you use a cloud service? carry an extra microSD card? set up a network? I'd like to know out of curiosity.
    08-21-2010 11:26 PM
    I'm just wondering, has anyone filled their phone's memory yet? I mean like both internal and external (microSD) memory. I've yet to have heard anyone do that yet I've maxed out my iPod Touch's memory a few times.

For anyone that has had this happen, where do you place that extra data? Do you use a cloud service? carry an extra microSD card? set up a network? I'd like to know out of curiosity.
    I have, but my SD card is only 4GB. I'm planning on getting a 16GB or maybe even a 32GB one when I get my next paycheck. As more and more apps are starting to include A2SD support, I don't think internal memory space will be much less of a problem soon.
    08-22-2010 02:27 AM
    I still have not even filled up my 4 GB Card came close when I transferred a few anime videos to the card running my old bb bold 9000 but on the captivate, I have not even come close. I am planning on a 32 GB card once class 6 are available.

Cheers,
    Charlie
    08-22-2010 11:09 AM
    Why does the owners manual for my EVO state that I have to use the stock card? What happens if I use a reputable supermarket? Does it void the warranty?
    08-22-2010 11:19 AM
    Doubt u can fill up my X. I have 8gb internal for apps. And i have a 32gb that has 12gb used.
    08-22-2010 11:35 AM
    Gads no. 16GB card with only 7GB or so used. There's a mail widget but out there that exponentially eats memory and triggers a 'device memory low' error message. I'm thinking that's all that happens.
    08-22-2010 03:38 PM
    @dmc1068 Nothing bad will happen too your phone SD Cards (Secure Digital) there has been a industry standard developed, which means that they are made and operate in the same way. I personally have never heard of Warranties being voided by using reputable thrid party cards. Too the subject at hand yes I have filled up my 14 gb sd card already.

Karnaj

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    08-22-2010 04:40 PM
    Ive filled up my sd card with music, ive been using my droid x as my music player. My internal memory still has lots of room thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-22-2010 04:53 PM
    Internal memory? Yes. Well, I've gotten the low memory warning a bunch of times, so moved a few things to my SD card, but without doing so I'd be out of memory and have a few missing apps.

I'm using an N1 so my internal memory is sorely lacking, and I was only able to move as much to my SD card as I did through hacking the phone.
    08-22-2010 06:13 PM
    Well yeah it'll be almost impossible to fill up internal memory with just apps but I mean including music, videos, gaming roms, etc.
    08-22-2010 06:36 PM
    Depends on the size of your internal memory. :P Mine only leaves 147MB to the user, rest is taken by operating system and such. I filled my SD card with PSX images and music, mainly. Filled it up quite rapidly.
    08-23-2010 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD