Make display settings for new Android OS look like Gingerbread's

Sam Saf

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
When I look at the display on Android devices where the OS is newer than Gingerbread, my eyes start hurting from the strain. For example, I tried updating my Tmobile G2's ROM from Gingerbread to ICS , then to Jellybean and after hours of tinkering with the display settings my eyes were still hurting. When I gave up and went back to Gingerbread, then my eyes were fine looking at the screen.

My question is: what exactly changed in the display settings in the newer version of the Android oS? Also How can I use an OS like Jellybean or ICS, but make the screen display with the brightness that was available via Gingerbread? :-[

Much thanks for the help
P.S. I did try the ADW Gignerbread theme, but that mainly changes the look and feel of the icons, not the display

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I look at the display on Android devices where the OS is newer than Gingerbread, my eyes start hurting from the strain. For example, I tried updating my Tmobile G2's ROM from Gingerbread to ICS , then to Jellybean and after hours of tinkering with the display settings my eyes were still hurting. When I gave up and went back to Gingerbread, then my eyes were fine looking at the screen.

My question is: what exactly changed in the display settings in the newer version of the Android oS? Also How can I use an OS like Jellybean or ICS, but make the screen display with the brightness that was available via Gingerbread? :-[

Much thanks for the help
P.S. I did try the ADW Gignerbread theme, but that mainly changes the look and feel of the icons, not the display

Welcome to the forums!
Unless there was a change in the refresh rate of the screen embedded in the OS, I can't think of anything you can try. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude