How to get the "all apps" icon back on the Go Launcher dock?

micsaund

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

The other night, something updated on my HTC One (running Venom with GoLauncher EX) and the icons got all jacked-up. Some Google apps reappeared on the dock, a widget got pushed on top of another, etc. It looks like when the Google apps updated, they felt the need to reinstall themselves on the dock -- not sure, but that's not my main question.

When all of this happened, I lost the "grid" looking icon that will show All Apps and I'm not sure how to get it back. At this time, I can only see the apps I've put on my "home" pages, and in order to see All Apps, I must do an "add" and browse that way.

How do I get the all-apps grid thing back?

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Long press on the home screen and select the option that says shortcut or action. You want the option for the app drawer.

When it appears on the desktop long press the icon and drag it to the bottom where ever you like.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

micsaund

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, srkmagnus. I found a Go App Drawer in the Go Shortcuts, which is a normal icon (not the smaller one that was there originally) and works well enough for now. The regular Shortcuts starts on the letter 'b' so there is no AppDrawer in there, so I guess the Go one will have to do!

Thanks again!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, srkmagnus. I found a Go App Drawer in the Go Shortcuts, which is a normal icon (not the smaller one that was there originally) and works well enough for now. The regular Shortcuts starts on the letter 'b' so there is no AppDrawer in there, so I guess the Go one will have to do!

Thanks again!
Long press on the dock and you should get several options to "add to dock". Click default icon and select the app drawer. This should be the original icon that was available to you when you installed the Go Launcher EX - I had to install the launcher to see where this setting was located.

Hope this helps :).

beeasyybreezy2Xs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I just took roughly 4 hours trying to figure out how to get that app drawer icon back! Ended up being way simple!! Go to an "empty" space on the launcher bar at the bottombof your screen and click-hold anywhere that there's no shortcut occupying. A pop-up box should have lots of options like 'Apps' 'Shortcuts' and 'Default Icon'. The locker drawer is inside the defaults!! Yaaayyyyy! I hope this makes everyone else as happy as it made me.

Autumnbobottom

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I just took roughly 4 hours trying to figure out how to get that app drawer icon back! Ended up being way simple!! Go to an "empty" space on the launcher bar at the bottombof your screen and click-hold anywhere that there's no shortcut occupying. A pop-up box should have lots of options like 'Apps' 'Shortcuts' and 'Default Icon'. The locker drawer is inside the defaults!! Yaaayyyyy! I hope this makes everyone else as happy as it made me.

Hey so when I long press the home button the only shortcut that pops up is Google and then when I long press a blank slot on the screen only wallpaper or my gallery pops up, is there any other way around to get the app locker?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Long-pressing the Home button shows you the latest apps you've been running.

Long-pressing the homescreen should give you a choice of widgets and shortcuts. If not (let someone who's more familiar with Android try it on your phone), you may need to reflash the ROM. (If you do, back everything important up, because it wipes the phone - see Backing up an Android Device.)

NTLep

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Long press on the dock and you should get several options to "add to dock". Click default icon and select the app drawer. This should be the original icon that was available to you when you installed the Go Launcher EX - I had to install the launcher to see where this setting was located.

Hope this helps :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci