Thinking of moving from Apple

Mailman44

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am new to Android. I have been a faithful IOS user since its inception and have loved it. I have been a Jailbreaker the entire time. I recently got the new Nexus 7 simply to have an Android device. When Android was new the handful of phones I had my hands were clunky and unpolished and I simply didn't like the experience. However I did realize that playing with something for 2 minutes here and there randomly on a friends phone wasn't enough to get a good feel and if I had one I would learn it and come to like it. Flash forward to now and Android has come a long way and I truly love this device. Both from the hardware and software point of view. The polish that wasn't there a few years ago is certainly there now.

I never thought I would abandon my Iphone in favor of Android but I am certainly thinking about it now. I am now eligible for an upgrade and plan to see what Apple throws at us this fall. If they give us a minor spec bump and some stupid software gimmick like Siri I am out. Tired of waiting 6 months to a year for a jailbreak to somewhat give me the flexibility I want. I'll use the time from now till then to get the most out of Android via my Nexus 7.

The whole point of this thread is the music aspect of Ios and the Apple Ecosystem. This is the biggest reason I stay with apple. I love the music app on my phone. The functionality of it is just perfect for me. I love how easy it is to create playlists in itunes and then sync them to my phone. I love how you can arrange how the lists are synced using the various sort tabs. Smart playlists are also huge. I have a large music library and it will not fit on my 64 gb Iphone. However there is a feature in Itunes that allows you to convert all songs on the fly to 128k. The original file on my computer stays the same, and only the file on the phone is converted. This is the only way I can get my entire library on my phone. Eventually a 128 gb model will be out and that will no longer be an issue. Yes I could manually convert my library but I prefer to keep it as is to preserve the quality of the original file. Another thing I love is the ability to quickly scroll up in the music app and type the first few letters of a song that I randomly think of and there it is in seconds. I could go on and on as to why I love the music experience on my Iphone. What I am trying to do is emulate that experience as best I can on Android and so far I haven't quite been able to. I'd like to be able to sync my library as it is to my Android device preserving the playlists that I have had for several years now. With a music app that is as good as the music app on the Iphone. Winamp seemed to be pretty close. And I did sync a playlist to the nexus and all the files did land on with the exception of a few that I did not strip the drm from. Minor issue that I can solve easy enough. However the playlists didn't show up on the device. Only the files. Perhaps I overlooked something. Anyway sorry for the long post but I needed to fully explain this and my main question is how can I make my Android Phone, whichever one I may buy mimic the Iphones experience? Thanks.

Nick

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Isyncr +rocket player app will do everything u asked for. And as far as I know both apps are free.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Mailman44

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
oh yeah that's the perfect combo. Thanks, I knew the right apps existed. The only thing it doesn't do is on the fly converting to 128k. But it's only a matter of time before we see 128GB phones and it will be a moot point anyway.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
oh yeah that's the perfect combo. Thanks, I knew the right apps existed. The only thing it doesn't do is on the fly converting to 128k. But it's only a matter of time before we see 128GB phones and it will be a moot point anyway.

Welcome to Android. Hope you find a device to your liking when you upgrade.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
You should know that asking questions about whether or not to switch to Android will all be biased here. Android is not as simple as ios so it makes it a lot difficult getting used to it. Glad to hear you're getting along with your Nexus 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze