I was using Chrome and I'm noticing some performance issues.

Some of the performance issues include stuttering in scrolling. It's not 100% consistently smooth as I scroll a webpage up and down. Sometimes when I tap the address bar to type a new url, it doesn't work. I would have to tap the address bar multiple times just to get Chrome to recognize that want to type in a new URL. I find that to be incredibly annoying and I don't experience that with Mobile Safari and my iPhone 5. Is there a way to address this?

One final thing and this isn't related to performance, but is there a way to quickly get the webpage to scroll to the top? In Mobile Safari for iOS, if I tap the top of the screen, the webpage will scroll all the way to the top. I find that to be incredibly handy.
    08-05-2013 06:10 AM
    There does seem to be some very common complaints about Android 4.3 and Google Chrome. I haven't updated yet myself to experience it but I've read various threads about it.

Like any major OS update there will always be little kinks that have to be worked out on certain apps.
    08-05-2013 09:50 AM
    Yeah, everyone using chrome is.

It lags on my S4 like it did my S1, the scrolling is choppy at best.
    Funny thing is, the stock android browser is a performance powerhouse, yet they nixed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, everyone using chrome is.

It lags on my S4 like it did my S1, the scrolling is choppy at best.
    Funny thing is, the stock android browser is a performance powerhouse, yet they nixed it.
    08-05-2013 10:05 AM
    I installed Android 4.3 on my S3, and the latest version of Chrome stutters, does not respond well to the back button, often goes to a black screen, and uses up a lot of battery. I just uninstalled and went to the built in "Internet" browser, which is actually working very nicely.
    11-25-2013 09:24 AM
    I installed Android 4.3 on my S3, and the latest version of Chrome stutters, does not respond well to the back button, often goes to a black screen, and uses up a lot of battery. I just uninstalled and went to the built in "Internet" browser, which is actually working very nicely.
    That's good to hear. Have you since tried re-installing Chrome to see if the stutter is gone? Often times uninstalling then re-installing the app could fix the stutter seen after an OS upgrade.
    11-25-2013 09:39 AM
    I thought so, but that did not do it. The black screen is really annoying. I'll just wait for the next Chrome update, although by that time I'll be reaccustomed to the built in browser.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-25-2013 11:44 AM
    Now this is really getting weird. I removed and reinstalled Chrome, but the black screen problem is still there. Mean while, the "reduce data usage" feature in Bandwidth settings has disappeared from the new installation, even though the version number is the same as before. Its definitely back to built in Samsung Internet browser.
    11-25-2013 06:03 PM