samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 memory problems

urbank9

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
hi guys
new to this forum so apologies if i am in the wrong place.
i have bought the samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 it has an internal memory drive of 8gb so i bought a micro sd card that has 64gb, i am trying to download a tv series which is 32gb but each time i get a message saying not enough memory when theres 62gb available, does anyone know why? i am also a technophobe so please keep the answers simple thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're trying to download something from the tablet's browser, the default download location will be the internal memory, not the external SD card. I don't believe there's any easy way to change the default download location, at least not with Chrome or the stock Android browser. It may be better for you to remove the SD card, put it in your computer, then download the file there.

That's a huge download, by the way, and I'm assuming it's from a torrent site or something similar. Be advised that downloading a file from a site like that can be risky, since there's probably a higher chance of malware. Also, if it's a show that wasn't meant to be downloaded like this (i.e., pirated), we generally don't condone it here. Hopefully it's a legit site.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with B. Diddy on downloading to a computer than making the transfer to the sd card then back into your computer. It's probably the easiest and quickest way to get large files onto your mobile device.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
hi guys
i have bought the samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 it has an internal memory drive of 8gb so i bought a micro sd card that has 64gb, i am trying to download a tv series which is 32gb but each time i get a message saying not enough memory when theres 62gb available, does anyone know why? i am also a technophobe so please keep the answers simple thanks

My 2 pennies....if downloading from Google, not all of that show will go to the SD card anyway.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Da Pemo

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i have a doubt too. My samsung galaxy S2 doesnt let me download files from the browser. I have 1.44GB of memory in my internal storage and I am trying to download a apk. file that has 28M. But when i try to download it, my phone says "Couldnt download the file. Memory isn't enough". I hope some of you can help with this problem. Thanks

Richard Ullakko

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
hi guys

Richard Ullakko

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
The system uses3.8Gbytes, miscellaneous files 3.9Gbytes so not much left. I deleted everything and did a factory reset. As soon as Google kicked in it was back to the same situation. Google fills it up so it pretty much worthless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs