My HTC One's screen is timing out after about 5 seconds. By timeout, I mean going black and I have to unlock the phone to get back to where I was.

Initially, I removed Battery Doctor and I thought this solved the problem, but the issue it returned. Occasionally, usually after I've uninstalled something, it goes back to around 15 seconds, leading me to believe I solved the issue, but then issue returns.

I've been googling the crap out of this for a week and I've gone through the following motions:

Settings > Security > Lock phone after - set to 3 minutes
    Settings > Display, gestures & buttons is > Sleep - set to 15 seconds.
    Over the weekend I restored my phone completely, which appeared to work at first, but now it's back to timing out abruptly.

As I've typed out this message, it was constantly timing out, then in the middle it did stay awake several times for about 5 seconds, then dimmed, but still stayed on for around 10 more seconds before blacking out.

Short of uninstalling every app I have to troubleshoot, I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

HTC One on 4.1.2, AT&T, non-rooted
    08-05-2013 12:52 PM
    Boot into safe mode first and see if you still have the problem. If not, start trying to remove apps.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    McMike likes this.
    08-05-2013 08:17 PM
    Started removing apps and I've been good for two days. The last app I removed was Clean Master. I don't recall that app having any screen settings, nor can I positively identify it as the culprit as the issue was not always consistent.

In any case, thank for the help.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    08-07-2013 12:37 PM
    Let me know how it ultimately works out. I hope your issue is solved, and I'd like to use your issue to help others. Thanks for the response!

Started removing apps and I've been good for two days. The last app I removed was Clean Master. I don't recall that app having any screen settings, nor can I positively identify it as the culprit as the issue was not always consistent.

In any case, thank for the help.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    08-07-2013 09:52 PM
    I'm going to say it's solved. I wish I could be more positive on what app was causing it - but it was an app.

Thanks again.
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
    08-09-2013 10:03 AM
    Hi, I have the exact same problem with the screen timing out. I don't have any of the apps you suggested you uninstalled or even any battery widgets, cleaners or anything with battery or screen time out settings.
    Has your issue returned or is it a permanent fix?
    It is frustrating the hell out of me.

HTC one running stock 4.2.2 non-carrier specific
    08-28-2013 10:28 PM
    I'm having the same timeout issues as op. Tested custom bulletproof kernel and it's not that but I did have clean master installed, just uninstalled and haven't had a timeout since.
    01-27-2014 02:03 AM