Hi there,

I am Android user and will be soon have be out on a rgular basis. Till now i have been using a hi speed internet connection of the wifi. But i need on mobile connection as well. The one within my budget is a hi speed plan but data valumn based.

My question is regarding that whenever i switch on my wifi, every single app and service starts connecting to the net. The over all internet browsing speed falls, the phone performance falls. My a whole lot of data is downloaded.

Is there a way to selectively allow/dis allow apps and services from eating away data from my data based mobile internet plan ? So that say only few apps, like AC Forum app/Gtalk/Google+/Gmail/Email apps gets the internet and the others remain on hold till i reach home and open up the lock for all apps, etc via wifi....
    Is this reallu possible ? Or do i have to go cut off the mobile data when the capping for my plan is reached ?

Thanks
    Posted via Android Central App
    08-06-2013 03:32 AM
    I know you can set the apps to stop updating automatically, or until you connect to Wi-fi. I'm not sure if that will help you.

Also, what phone are you using?
    The Galaxy S4 has this nifty Data Usage feature that would help with that I guess. I've never used it because I have unlimited data with Sprint.

I was going to attach 3 screenshots but for some reason I can't, the app won't let me! :banghead:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    08-06-2013 11:19 PM
    Ok, here are those screenshots.

Attached Thumbnails Help, manage all outgoing internet connections-1375849979972.jpg   Help, manage all outgoing internet connections-1375849991192.jpg   Help, manage all outgoing internet connections-1375850005526.jpg  
    08-06-2013 11:34 PM
    I am using two samsungs right now. A N7100 and a smaller GT-S7562. Both these have the options that you mention. Thanks for giving it a look : ). But this setting will either keep the connection open for all or closed for all. Now that is a solution, but as i am on a data plan limited by volumn, if i keep the mobile data switched on, all internet requiring apps and services will be continuously active, which i could have otherwise allowed when on my home wifi (currently i do so). But as i am on a data plan limited by volumn, i was thinking if there was a way to selectively allow some to connect to the net. This though will be completely a temporary thing. Something similar to a firewall on any desktop

08-07-2013 01:55 AM
    I think you need firewall like app.
    You allow only desired app through the firewall and block the others.
    There are many firewall apps available but it requires the rooted phone. Please correct me if wrong.
    08-07-2013 02:05 AM
    I know you can set the apps to stop updating automatically, or until you connect to Wi-fi. I'm not sure if that will help you.

Also, what phone are you using?
    The Galaxy S4 has this nifty Data Usage feature that would help with that I guess. I've never used it because I have unlimited data with Sprint.

I was going to attach 3 screenshots but for some reason I can't, the app won't let me! :banghead:

okay, i was looking into what you pointed out, and found that in the menu there is an option to limit some of the backgroud process(s) while on mobile data network. I dont know exactly which ones will be put on hold but i am trying this option
    Help, manage all outgoing internet connections-1375933792163.jpgHelp, manage all outgoing internet connections-1375933804539.jpg
    08-07-2013 10:50 PM
    Where there's a will, there's a way!

Somdk likes this.
    08-07-2013 11:01 PM