Up until Google Play Store's recent overhaul, I was able to go to the My Apps section and it sorted my apps first by which ones had updates available. You could then click on those apps and click install to update to your phone.

That page has changed. And I'm not able to find anywhere else that allows sorting by which ones have updates. I like to read the "What's New" section before I do any updates. And I don't always remember to check the Play Store for updates. And I'm not always on a wi-fi connection when the notifications come up.

Any suggestions?
    08-07-2013 11:57 PM
    Up until Google Play Store's recent overhaul, I was able to go to the My Apps section and it sorted my apps first by which ones had updates available. You could then click on those apps and click install to update to your phone.

That page has changed. And I'm not able to find anywhere else that allows sorting by which ones have updates. I like to read the "What's New" section before I do any updates. And I don't always remember to check the Play Store for updates. And I'm not always on a wi-fi connection when the notifications come up.

Any suggestions?
    When you open the Play Store press Menu then My Apps. If there is an update available then those apps will be located towards the top. If the apps are automatically downloading the updates then you need to disable the automatic update feature. Do this by going into the Play Store settings and disabling the applicable setting.

To see a changelog for an updated app simply open it in the Play Store and review the changes that have been made. If you have further questions let us know and we'll do our best to help .
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-08-2013 01:22 AM
    I think the OP is referring to the Google Play webpage. They did change the layout recently, although I don't remember the apps with updates being sorted to the top on the webpage. As srkmagnus mentioned, on Google Play on your phone, the apps with updates should still top the list.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-08-2013 02:26 AM
    Yeah, it would sort them if you went to "My Apps." I don't ever remember manually sorting them, so I'm assuming it was a default sort. But I was hoping to find a webpage and not use the app. It's much easier to middle click on the links and have all the app pages open in new tabs. This was convenient so I could quickly skim the "What's New" section.

Using the app is what I did before I discovered the Play Store website's feature. I guess I'll go back to that...though now I'll know what I'm missing.
    08-11-2013 12:05 AM