I am getting a tablet for a family member to replace their laptop computer. They do a fair amount of word processing and composing emails, so they do need a Bluetooth keyboard to use whenever they are at their desk. I found a great Logitech keyboard that I think would work really well. However I'm not sure what to do about a mouse. I would think it would be very inconvenient if they are at their desk to have to reach over and touch the tablet whenever they need to highlight a section of text or to do a lot of scrolling, or anything of that nature. It would seem to be a good idea to have a mouse right beside the keyboard. However, they are so used to using the touchpad on their laptop that they want a touchpad for their tablet rather than a mouse. But I cannot really seem to find any touchpads that I know for sure would would even work with the tablet. Any suggestions?

By the way, I did find this keyboard, but I'm not sure if it's even compatible with a tablet:
    Amazon.com : Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad (920-003070) : Computer Keyboards : Electronics
    08-09-2013 05:57 PM
    I have this Bluetooth mouse, which works just fine: Amazon.com: Motorola 89519N Bluetooth Mouse: Computers & Accessories

The Logitech keyboard you linked to is wireless (i.e., uses a wireless USB adapter), not Bluetooth, so it probably wouldn't work with the tablets unless they had full sized USB ports. You want something more like this: Amazon.com : IOGEAR Multi-Link Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad GKM611B (Black/Grey) : Computer Keyboards : Electronics
    08-09-2013 06:02 PM
    Thanks for that suggestion. I did see that keyboard before and it sounds really nice. However, I have no way of knowing if it would actually work with the tablet they will be getting. This seems to be the only way to have a tablet compatible touch pad, so it's either that or a keyboard and mouse.
    08-09-2013 06:22 PM
    It ought to work. It specifies that it can work with smartphones (and therefore tablets) that support Bluetooth HID devices, and all reputable devices do. Here's the actual manufacturer's product page: IOGEAR - GKM611B - Multi-Link Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad
    08-09-2013 06:36 PM
    Maybe you can get this one:
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for tablet-img_1385.jpg
    11-07-2013 02:37 AM