Music Manager (PC Question)

TwistedGamer

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I know this is a Phone based forum, but I'm hoping someone may have experienced this issue and fixed it, also that's why I chose this sub section.

Lately Music Manager is constantly telling me I have new songs to download even if I haven't purchased anything in a month or so.

For example I purchased two songs today. I go to Music Manager and pull up the download tab to add them to my local library and Music Manger says I have over 200 new songs waiting to be downloaded.

If I let it download them I end up with duplicate tracks with "(2)" appended to the end. If I compare the tracks meta data I find nothing different. The ID3 tags are the same. The names are the same down to spaces and periods. I can't for the life of me figure out why Google keeps thinking I need to re-download random songs from my library. I only run Music Manager on two PC's. My desktop and laptop. My Music Player is Winamp Pro.

Any constructive thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Music Manager isn't the most user friendly program out there. When using it, you only have the option to download your entire library or your free or purchased music--unfortunately, you can't pick and choose. So chances are you'll get duplicates on your computer, which you can just delete. The main advantage of downloading music using the Music Manager is that you can do it an unlimited amount of times. If you download using the Google Music web interface, you're limited to a total of 2 downloads per track, I think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12