My Nexus S has been on safe mode on and off for a few months now. It is on safe mode because the volume down button is not working. I say safe mode is on and off because when the volume down button does happen to work, I restart my phone, and safe mode would go away. However, the volume down button would only work for a few minutes so I have to be very quick in rebooting. But safe mode would come back on if I need to reboot it again (phone freezes, etc). It would go back to safe mode because when I need to reboot it again, the volume down button doesn't work.

However, the volume down button is not working completely now and its been like this for like 2 months. I thought my phone would be always on safe mode now. But my phone has rebooted itself twice randomly (never happened before) and on its own and my phone would come out of safe mode, despite the fact that the volume button doesn't work at all. I can't just randomly wait for this random reboot to occur cause it can come at any time, sometimes even weeks. I just had to to restart my phone manually because my phone froze and it's back on safe mode.

I was wondering how to make the phone randomly reboot itself on its own. Does anyone know how this can be done?

You might be wondering why I just repair my phone but I am due for an upgrade really soon so there's no point in repairing it.
    08-11-2013 04:07 PM
    Hello

There are some apps out there that can perform an automated reboot or shutdown for you but last I remember ( its been a while ) they required root access.
    08-12-2013 09:13 AM