RAM fills up fast

jason rhoads

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new to Android Central. I have galaxy s2 Rogers version (like a skyrocket). I installed Clean Master to be sure my ram stayed good. The past few days I have been getting a notification that ram is full. Just got the notification again and when I look at the Tasks folder in Clean Master it shows 738.35mb used and 49.72mb free. Any thoughts? Help?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new to Android Central. I have galaxy s2 Rogers version (like a skyrocket). I installed Clean Master to be sure my ram stayed good. The past few days I have been getting a notification that ram is full. Just got the notification again and when I look at the Tasks folder in Clean Master it shows 738.35mb used and 49.72mb free. Any thoughts? Help?

Welcome to the forums!
Android uses RAM differently from Windows. RAM is supposed to be filled, so that when you back to opening an app, it loads a little quicker. However, I do like Clean Master for clearing cache, and getting rid of residual files.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Android uses RAM differently from Windows. RAM is supposed to be filled, so that when you back to opening an app, it loads a little quicker. However, I do like Clean Master for clearing cache, and getting rid of residual files.
It's not supposed to throw errors, though.

OP, did you just install Clean Master or have you had it the whole time? Have you been adding new apps or just the same ones as always? Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

One thing that's probably a good exercise to do is to do a factory reset. Learning how to back up all of the stuff you need, and then actually doing it, is a really good idea. I find that while Android does handle memory pretty well in some respects, it does also seem to lend itself to leaks. Doing stuff like restarting the phone, clearing caches and factory resetting the phone can help clean up after them.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not supposed to throw errors, though.

OP, did you just install Clean Master or have you had it the whole time? Have you been adding new apps or just the same ones as always? Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

One thing that's probably a good exercise to do is to do a factory reset. Learning how to back up all of the stuff you need, and then actually doing it, is a really good idea. I find that while Android does handle memory pretty well in some respects, it does also seem to lend itself to leaks. Doing stuff like restarting the phone, clearing caches and factory resetting the phone can help clean up after them.

That is a clean master notification.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
That is a clean master notification.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
Ahh. I've received notifications like that from Android in the past so I wasn't sure. That's one of the places I was going with the Clean Master question.

If all of his other habits are the same (which may or my not be the case) then there's still the question of why more RAM is being used now than in the past.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ahh. I've received notifications like that from Android in the past so I wasn't sure. That's one of the places I was going with the Clean Master question.

If all of his other habits are the same (which may or my not be the case) then there's still the question of why more RAM is being used now than in the past.

I think it's more the fact that an app is bringing it to his attention than anything.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

jason rhoads

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen any sort of diminishing usage when it is high, just the notification so I 'clean' what the app recommends. Should I get rid of Clean Master for a while and see if the usage is affected?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen any sort of diminishing usage when it is high, just the notification so I 'clean' what the app recommends. Should I get rid of Clean Master for a while and see if the usage is affected?

You could. Or disable notifications from it.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo