Nexus 7 and Google drive - a question

kamran46

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I googled this but could not find the answer. When I use google drive on Nexus 7 fhd to open a mp3 file, it looks the file is downloaded to the device, as the download bar is shown and the file is not played instantly. Also when I turn off wireless, the file can still be played. On the other hand, I can not find the file when I search for the file name.

I want the files be just played over the net, as I do not want to fill the internal memory with these files. So I am confused, if the files are really downloaded to the tablet (which looks to be the case) and if yes, how can I just play the files, without being saved to the device? Also where can I find them to delete them.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Drive doesn't support streaming audio, so it needs to temporarily download the file, then have it played using Google Music, or whichever music app you might have. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that to clear out the temporary download, you could clear Google Drive's cache under Settings/Apps.

Posted via Android Central App

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd take B. Diddy's advice on how to get rid of the files. It probably names it something funny in a download folder somewhere.

It sounds like you want to use the Google Play Music service and app. It's Google's cloud music player and does exactly what you want.