Wi Fi won't turn on

diogotinoco

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

I have a problem with my nexus 7. A couple of days ago the wifi connection simply stopped working. I just could not turn it on. The wifi icon did not get blue, like it should when it's turned on, and it wouldnt even search for available networks.

So, i thought this might be caused by some bug or software problem and decided to do a factory reset on my nexus 7. The problem is, that did not solve the wifi problem and now i can't even use my device anymore, as it requires a connection for setup.

Does that mean that the problem is caused by hardware malfunction? Is there anything i can do to solve this?

I'm not very experienced with all the android hacking or installing a CFW, or whatever, really just a noob =/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using your N7 on different wifi networks? Are you sure it isn't your home router that's causing problems? Try resetting your home router by unplugging the power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

diogotinoco

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, thats not it. My home connection is working perfectly on several other devices, and to rule that possibility out, i have tried connecting the Nexus 7 on other places, like friends homes, university, etc.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski