Connecting Galaxy S4 to Vizio TV through MHL adapter.

Jason Kerr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
So i bought a samsung Micro Usb to Hdmi or MHL adapter that was supposed to work for the Galaxy s4. I plugged everything in to my 42inch Vizio and I couldn't see a picture. I wanted to know if anyone has been able to connect their Galaxy s4 with their Vizio tv's using an MHL adapter and not the internet.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Edgarcalifornia

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I used the 5 to 11 pin adapter from Ebay with my Sprint Galaxy S4 and didn't work on my Vizio 47 TV. Then I used the red Y cable also on Ebay that they said it supposed to work, the one that connects to the usb port on the TV and still nothing.
I've been reading a lot of forums. I found one that has a list of MHL Compatible TVs and Vizio is not on the list. :(
The weird thing is that like 2 times, the phone did mirror on my TV but when I disconnected it, it didn't work anymore.
Please help. I need to know if anyone has tried the OEM Samsung MHL 2.0 adapter on a Vizio TV?

jkrod

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Vizio 55 inch razor led smart tv. I went to TV settings went to cec settings and turned the cec function on and for some reason it only seemed to work with my hdmi plugged into the hdmi side, next went to input and clicked on mhl and it mirrors my galaxy s4 (unrooted). If it doesn't work you might have to restart you phone while plugged in like you are going to be using it I had to mess with mine for a few minutes before I figured out how to get it to work.

Mikex Rules

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I called vizio and they said none of there tvs new or old r compatible with any mhl cables or adapters.. idk if its true and looking for hlp to hook mine up

Mikex Rules

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
is there anyone that knows any loop holes or any way to get mhl cable to work on a vizio tv.. I found 1 person that said his would only work if he used xbmc app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670