3rd-party apps don't see my contacts ...?

Aidan Bell

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've just moved into as SG Mega. I'm very pleased, great phone, but have a problem with contacts. All my contacts have safely come down from Google and appear to all be there and fine, however my third-party apps aren't seeing them. If I start a text message in "Messaging", it reads the contacts and offers me choices. But if I do the same in "Handsent", my messaging app of choice, it does not. Likewise, "Gmail" sees the email addresses in my contacts fine, whereas my regular email app, K9, does not.
Any thoughts, anyone, please?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've just moved into as SG Mega. I'm very pleased, great phone, but have a problem with contacts. All my contacts have safely come down from Google and appear to all be there and fine, however my third-party apps aren't seeing them. If I start a text message in "Messaging", it reads the contacts and offers me choices. But if I do the same in "Handsent", my messaging app of choice, it does not. Likewise, "Gmail" sees the email addresses in my contacts fine, whereas my regular email app, K9, does not.
Any thoughts, anyone, please?

I don't think it is the device, I think it's the apps. I would email the developers. Tell them the problem, your phone and carrier.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Aidan Bell

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Good point, thanks. I guess it might also be because I'm now running on 4.2.2.
I have noticed that in the case of both apps, while they don't jump to contacts when I start typing a name, they can read and access Contacts if I manually select with the "+" button. So I have a good workaround (or indeed a permanent fix since I'm not really a fan of automation anyway!) for the meantime.
Cheers.