Galaxy S4 and SD card that suddenly starting causing phone issues

Budabud1

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a ATT Galaxy S4 and suddenly earlier this week, the phone went into a perpetual state of rebooting - shutting itself down and rebooting, over and over and over. The drain on the battery was horrific. I had read changing the battery would likely help, but even with a new battery, it took intervening by quickly opening up a Message or some other app or activity to stop the continuous shutdown. After stopping it, the battery drain was still horrendous. In addition, access to a bunch of photos in my Gallery had disappeared.

I took the phone into an ATT Device Center, and after trying a number of things, the tech removed the SD card and the phone then worked perfectly. He moved the SD card to another phone, and that phone started having issues.

But here I am, with the card inserted into my PC and I'm successfully downloading 400+ photos from the very same SD card to my PC.

Any ideas? This is a 64 gig Kingston SD card that was not cheap and I would like to think is good for something other than money down the drain.

Thank you in advance.

Apex43

May 30, 2013
Visit site
There is a problem with the S4 and a certain type of SD cards. My friend had the same problem. It actually corrupted his files and the SD didn't work from then on. It is the SD card. Just get another one

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz