Bought my first android device about 6 months ago... Google Nexus 7. I passed it on to my wife when the new one was announced in hopes that ifI kept my antique Samsung cell phone I could afford it pretty quickly. However during our recent move I left my phone outside in the rain and it no longer works.

I have been looking at some discontinued phones that serve the purposes I need that can be used with straight talk (pretty flexible).

Would like to have
    -front camera
    -8 MP Camera
    -larger screen (I have big fingers)
    -hotspot capabilities
    -GPS
    -under $200

I have looked at the Atrix 2 4g and Inspire 4g (although would give up front camera with Inspire). Older phones but can do what I need.

I basically need a phone that can cover me until I replace the canon point and shoot (wife broke) tablet (wife took) and then offer a hotspot when I finally get the new nexus 7. :-)
    08-18-2013 10:38 PM
    Bought my first android device about 6 months ago... Google Nexus 7. I passed it on to my wife when the new one was announced in hopes that ifI kept my antique Samsung cell phone I could afford it pretty quickly. However during our recent move I left my phone outside in the rain and it no longer works.

I have been looking at some discontinued phones that serve the purposes I need that can be used with straight talk (pretty flexible).

Would like to have
    -front camera
    -8 MP Camera
    -larger screen (I have big fingers)
    -hotspot capabilities
    -GPS
    -under $200

I have looked at the Atrix 2 4g and Inspire 4g (although would give up front camera with Inspire). Older phones but can do what I need.

I basically need a phone that can cover me until I replace the canon point and shoot (wife broke) tablet (wife took) and then offer a hotspot when I finally get the new nexus 7. :-)
    Welcome to the forums!
    I can't offer any opinions on either device as I am unfamiliar with them. Since you are with Straight Talk, perhaps just getting a flip phone to hold you over until you can upgrade to something you would prefer?
    08-23-2013 05:21 PM