What is alterable by people who do stuff to the o/s? Can this be done?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I am new to android and am not sure how or what is alterable. Can active notifications on this feature be changed to reveal more stuff?

motox-active-display.jpg

to have more information like:
webos_notifications.jpg

I guess in general I don?t know what type of stuff is manipulatable and what is not. Any short explaination? You probably can?t change something already created, right? Can people take what?s already been created, alter it and then override what?s already there? (Is that what people do when they are rooting their phones?) Or can people just write programs. Could a person write a program and replace an action? (like write a program exactly like what Motorola has done above, and then turn that one off and turn on the program that shows more information?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what version of android you have. I'm not sure if it came out in 4.1.2 or 4.2, but that is called "expandable notifications". It gives apps the ability to display extra info with their notifications, certain apps use them and others use the traditional notifications.

I believe the stock messenger apps do, to see if you have the ability or not, just pinch a notification and expand it out with your fingers. Try it with every notification, like I said its dependent on your android version and the app itself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what version of android you have. I'm not sure if it came out in 4.1.2 or 4.2, but that is called "expandable notifications". It gives apps the ability to display extra info with their notifications, certain apps use them and others use the traditional notifications.

I believe the stock messenger apps do, to see if you have the ability or not, just pinch a notification and expand it out with your fingers. Try it with every notification, like I said its dependent on your android version and the app itself.

:(. Nothing without pinching or any action needed to be taken by the user? nothing more general to the entire o/s can be done so that all notifications can be seen? or is that something untouchable?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
:(. Nothing without pinching or any action needed to be taken by the user? nothing more general to the entire o/s can be done so that all notifications can be seen? or is that something untouchable?

Hmm, then you don't have the version if android that they were introduced in. You'll, just have to wait for your device to be upgraded and hope you get it.

Regular apps can't change the behavior of your notification drawer, its built into androids framework. They can only use it if its already present.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, then you don't have the version if android that they were introduced in. You'll, just have to wait for your device to be upgraded and hope you get it.

Regular apps can't change the behavior of your notification drawer, its built into androids framework. They can only use it if its already present.

thanks. much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12