I have an Asus MeMo Pad HD7 and I have alot of Game Apps from Google Play installed on the Tablet's Internal onboard storage and I'm starting to run out of storage space. I know you can't install Game Apps directly to an external SD Card but can the Games be moved to the SD Card from the Tablet's on board storage so I can free up storage space then later on move the Game Apps from the SD Card back to the Tablet's onboard storage? If so what is the process of doing that?
    08-20-2013 01:28 PM
    I have an Asus MeMo Pad HD7 and I have alot of Game Apps from Google Play installed on the Tablet's Internal onboard storage and I'm starting to run out of storage space. I know you can't install Game Apps directly to an external SD Card but can the Games be moved to the SD Card from the Tablet's on board storage so I can free up storage space then later on move the Game Apps from the SD Card back to the Tablet's onboard storage? If so what is the process of doing that?
    I don't believe it works that way stock. Try searching for an app in the Play Store or perhaps search around to see if there's a third party hack to enable this.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    08-20-2013 01:51 PM
    You could do that with software like Titanium Backup.
    08-20-2013 01:52 PM
    Whether the a particular app can be moved to the external sd card really depends on the developer enabling that feature. In most cases, yes, you can. In some, possibly not due to the way the game is setup by the developer. In any event, if the option is not available in system settings > applications > game application then no, you can't unless you root and force it to be moved.

I would suggest clearing cache of some of your apps to free up space. There are apps in the Play Store that automate this for you. Or you can manually do it by going to system settings > applications > sort by size, then clear cache data for the highest sized apps.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    08-20-2013 02:18 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    I would like to see a screenshot of the storage stats, please.
    08-20-2013 02:24 PM
    Whether the a particular app can be moved to the external sd card really depends on the developer enabling that feature. In most cases, yes, you can. In some, possibly not due to the way the game is setup by the developer. In any event, if the option is not available in system settings > applications > game application then no, you can't unless you root and force it to be moved.

I would suggest clearing cache of some of your apps to free up space. There are apps in the Play Store that automate this for you. Or you can manually do it by going to system settings > applications > sort by size, then clear cache data for the highest sized apps.
    I don't believe it works that way stock. Try searching for an app in the Play Store or perhaps search around to see if there's a third party hack to enable this.
    Guys, I think it still depends on if the developer allows the data to be transferred. I was rooted on my Tab 2 and still could not force apps to transfer data over. I did find a thread on XDA on how to possibly do it, but it came with warnings that the method involved could possibly damage the device. (They messed around with code in the OS)
    08-20-2013 02:27 PM
    If the system allows App2SD installations, then yes, it's still up to the app devs to decide IF the app can be moved to the SD or which parts of the data it can use there (i.e. Game Saves, Extra Data, etc.).

BUT I think the OP doesn't want to install apps to the SD or use them from the card, he just wants to move them to one so that he can free space up in his phone and then, should he wish to do so, move the app/game back to the phone to be used again instead of having to re-download the whole thing.
    08-21-2013 09:08 AM