This has happened twice now in less than a month of owning my phone. The native email app on my S4 will dump both my accounts (hotmail and outlook) and I have to set them up all over again. I know its coming because before it happens the icon turns from the white envelope with an "@" on it to the green android robot (or whatever it is). Have I set it up wrong or is the app just ***? Frustrating. I've come from apple, love the phone and android's abilities but am finding some irritating holes in functionality. Like why can't I have app shortcuts on my lockscreen if I have the code lock enabled? Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I know there are other email apps out there (K9 and others but they have their drawbacks too). I would think a native email app without bugs would be pretty basic stuff at this point in the game. Thanks in advance.
    08-20-2013 07:30 PM
    bump
    08-21-2013 08:36 PM
    I have not heard of the email app losing the account before, unless I deleted it. I have had good luck using the outlook email app for my Microsoft accounts. In fact it seems to work better than my Gmail app does with my Google accounts.
    08-22-2013 03:35 PM
    ME TOO!...I have had the email settings cleared twice in the last 2 days. My S4 is a month old and I am already having issues (major issues to me). I rely solely on my phone for email as I am mobile for my work 100% of the time. This is a deal breaker for me. I am very dissapointed with the Samsung mail client. I agree...basic stuff, get it right before having video pause when look away (totally useless).
    08-23-2013 12:49 AM