Desperately seeking Novacom drivers

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am one step away from gettin CM 10 on my Touchpad but cannot for the life of me get the proper Novacom drivers on a Windows 8 laptop. I'm using Reverend Kyle's ***** CM video on YouTube and can't seem to get the novacom booty file going. Please someone point to the path that'll get me Android love on my Touchpad!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a resource for the drivers, however I do have another idea. Try installing with Linux. Download Ubuntu for free and make a bootable USB stick. Boot off the stick, then use ADB to push your files over and flash the recovery/rom.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you can't find instructions via Google let me know. I'll tell you how to do it, but it would probably take us longer than reading a tutorial on Google.

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Please tell me all I need to get are those drivers and I can get it done. I'm not very technical. If you can help send me a message. I am really wanting to get this done! !

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Linux requires no drivers for any Android device.
  1. Download the iso: Download Ubuntu Desktop | Ubuntu (free)
  2. Download PenDrive Linux: Boot and run Linux from a USB flash memory stick | USB Pen Drive Linux (free)
  3. Download the ADB binaries for linux: File-Upload.net - linux_binaries.tar.gz (free)
  4. Use PenDrive Linux to install the Ubuntu image to any usb drive 2GB or higher. This will make the drive bootable.
  5. Copy the ADB binaries for Linux onto the bootable USB drive.
  6. On your Windows PC, reboot and go into your BIOS (sometimes called setup) and change the boot order to USB first.
  7. Plug in your bootable USB Linux drive and reboot the computer, press a key when prompted to start into Linux instead of Windows. This will NEVER affect your Windows install.
  8. Open Terminal and use ADB to install CM