allshare cast won't connect with update

Luke Dechant

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
i've seen on the reviews on the google play site of people having issues connecting to their dongles with the new allshare cast update back at the end of july, but nothing about resolutions

i spend 2 days and talked to 9 different people between sprint and samsung only to be told by the last person that the latest update made most phones incompatible with the dongles

why the update's been out for 3 weeks and they haven't fixed it yet, i don't know

does anyone have a link to an apk to the older version of allshare cast so i can install that and (hopefully) be able to connect to my tv again?

much appreciated!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can uninstall updates, I believe... Since this is a 'core' Samsung service, there should be a 'factory image' version. Just go to Settings, Program Manager, "All" Tab, find the AllShare Cast app and select "Uninstall Updates". This, however, will revert back to the original factory version, so you might be missing some functionality that might have been added in some updates.

If you do find the APK, you will need to uninstall the app as the OS won't let you install an older version if you have a newer one already installed.

Luke Dechant

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
You can uninstall updates, I believe... Since this is a 'core' Samsung service, there should be a 'factory image' version. Just go to Settings, Program Manager, "All" Tab, find the AllShare Cast app and select "Uninstall Updates". This, however, will revert back to the original factory version, so you might be missing some functionality that might have been added in some updates.

If you do find the APK, you will need to uninstall the app as the OS won't let you install an older version if you have a newer one already installed.

i have no options when i go to the app info. force stop, disable, clear data, clear cache are all grayed out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan