Why isn't my Google speech to text not working correctly?

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google speech to text not working correctly

I heard back from HTC...here is the text of their interim response. They acknowledge the problem can't be resolved at the current time.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issues with your phone.

I will gladly address your enquiry today. This is an issue that is currently under review and will be addressed as soon as possible; however, we do not have a timeframe for when resolution will be delivered. As you have seen there are no troubleshooting steps that can be taken to resolve this at this time. Should you require any future assistance from us, please do include which phone you have so enable device specific information should it be applicable.

Thank you for your patience and being a member of the HTC Family, Richard!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Reisa
HTC

Last edited:

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Big help that HTC support staff. Google must be aware of the problem. I find it hard to believe that there aren't more people posting about this issue.

kevab

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

I am also having the same issue!!
I have an HTC Incredible.

It started maybe about 3 weeks ago. I use this feature a lot, so it was pretty frustrating. This past weekend, I decided to go into Verizon to see if they could fix it (I assumed it was just my phone). THREE HOURS (and several calls to Verizon tech support) LATER, my phone still was NOT fixed. So that was great. Interestingly enough, another man came into the store with the same issue on his HTC phone! So that led the Verizon staff to assume it was something with the HTC phones. However, I see from this thread that it's affecting other phones as well.
In the end, tech support told me that it is a Google issue (which you smart folks on here figured out a whole lot sooner than the Verizon store did), and that I just had to wait for an update to fix the issue.

While frustrating, it is comforting to know that others are experiencing the same thing.
Any idea how long it might take Google to get the hint and order up a fix for this??

buteauboys

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Same issue, I speak one sentence fine and when I speak the second sentence, the first one goes away. It is impossible to use. I have and HTC droid and I think there was the update to Google Maps.
Would love to know what and when the fix to this is. Very frustrating. :(

wirelessone

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Th e first thing I tried was rolling back Maps, but that did not fix it. Unless it made changes that rolling back can't repair, it isn't the cause. my only work around is to do very short sentences, or stop mid way through one, hit "done", then continue. Very frustrating for sure but better than nothing. Given the nature of the problem, I think it has something to do with the buffer, but still no idea how to fix that,

How to roll back from Google Maps 7.1 update

How to roll back from Google Maps 7.1 update

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I too tried rolling back the update to no avail. I believe it changed something and that rolling it back does not help. When using the voice app to send texts, I try speaking fast and clicking done before it deletes the last sentence. It is incredibly frustrating to have to do this.Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I cannot believe that Google will not acknowledge the issue and fix it. Sometimes I look at how well my wife's Iphone is working and wondering if it is time to drink the Apple kool aid and switch!

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Well, I know mine worked after that update, but maybe they did something behind the scenes after and updated he update . . .grrr
After that Map update, I noticed that two of my widgets on my homescreen had disappeared. Both were apps that were used for navigation and traffic. It actually deleted one because there was no trace of it on my phone, the other I was able to just put the widget back. That is when I noticed my voice to text starting to act up. Google must be aware of this problem. If the do not fix it, when it is time to upgrade, I will be going to Apple.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

It seems as if there are a few bugs that were introduced with the latest Google Play updates. It also broke something super useful in AutoShare where Google search doesn't show up as an option for something to "share" to anymore. I predict another update that fixes this stuff relatively soon. There's no way they don't know about it now.

Martini01

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

UPDATE

I decided to call Bell Mobility, my carrier here in Canada. They are quite aware of the problem and the Bell Mobility Customer Service Rep hinted that the glitch may indeed be the consequence of a recent update as some have already surmised on this thread.

The CSR at Bell gave me a number to call at HTC. HTC's CSR was very helpful and told me that the organization is aware of the problem and working diligently toward a fix.

I was impressed that HTC was so forthright in acknowledging that there is a problem.

dwc99

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

UPDATE

I decided to call Bell Mobility, my carrier here in Canada. They are quite aware of the problem and the Bell Mobility Customer Service Rep hinted that the glitch may indeed be the consequence of a recent update as some have already surmised on this thread.

The CSR at Bell gave me a number to call at HTC. HTC's CSR was very helpful and told me that the organization is aware of the problem and working diligently toward a fix.

I was impressed that HTC was so forthright in acknowledging that there is a problem.

This is good news. I have been having this problem on my HTC for about a week now.

zebbster

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I too, am experiencing the identical issues as outlined by everybody... Samsung Galaxy Ace 2x (Virgin Canada).
What an absolute nuisance! HELP please!

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

UPDATE

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully they will fix it.

rayfornario

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

After a lot of work, I have found the problem but no solution. The problem starts when you add punctuation. If you don't use any, it works a lot better. Google needs to fix this!

Joe Barrale

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm experiencing the same problems that everybody else is, I have a huawei premia from MetroPCS , even been to the store called Metro called Huawei nobody knows nothing or how to fix it, my daughter has a lg motion with the same identical problem! I cannot believe that Google or Android or whoever's in charge of this can let this out the way it is and stay the way it is all this time now without fixing the the problem!!! Very very frustrating!!!!
Hope someone finds a cure very very soon!this is the only forum that I've seen to mention anything about it been searching all around for over a week!!!