Removed google accounts can still remotely install apps

Orian90

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a problem with my android phone. During the holidays I added my mothers and girlfriends gmail-account to my android phone (android 4.0) so they could check their email at wifi points. Afterwards (about a week ago now) I removed their accounts again. So, there is no trace from their accounts left on my phone. However, I just noticed that when they go to the play store on a pc, they can still install apps! Even though they are not logged in to my phone! I tried it, and indeed, my phone started downloading the app.

Googling how to stop this did not turn up anything useful, so I'm quite desperate by now and hoping someone can help me with this. How do I disable their ability to install apps? I even added the accounts again to the phone, made sure all syncing was off, removed them (with all syncing off), and it still worked!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm....I had my wife's account on my phone so tested removing it and then trying to remotely install an app from her account. And yep...it worked. I have reported it as a bug to Google, but am hoping one of the other ambassadors can verify that I'm not missing something.

Orian90

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. So it seems I'm not the only one with this problem. Is there anything I can do, e.g. also file a bug report? And where can I do that in that case?

Orian90

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! Would love to hear if you get a response :)!

I already reset the phone to factory-settings btw, that did solve the problem. However, this shouldn't be a normall procedure I guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user