Use Google Account for Play Store Only?

tlehmann

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I got my Galaxy S3 just over a year ago and, at that time, didn't think that anybody else in my house would have an Android device. I signed in to Google Play using my own personal email address, as I figured that would be the easiest way to manage my account. Lo and behold, a year later there are now four Android devices on my Google Play account (my S3, a Nexus 7, a 2013 Nexus 7, and a Kindle Fire running AOSP). When setting up these other devices, I could not figure out how to set up my account for only Google Play. I have sync disabled for things such as GMail and Hangouts, but they can still manually switch to my account in the respective apps. I have Googled around and cannot find any solution, though I think some of that may have to do with me having no idea how to word my search queries. Is there any way to set this up, or will I have to make an entirely new Google account for the entire family? I have not purchased many apps (no more than $30), but the two Nexuses (Nexi?) that are not rooted will lose all of their app data. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried setting up multi user profiles on your devices? You need at least Android 4.2 for this feature.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox