S4 greenish-gold screen of death

lisan005

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope this is the right place to post this. My phone was working completely fine until last night. I can't see my home screen or anything on it. I can still hear my phone getting notifications and the LED light indicator is even blinking. It is a rooted phone but I don't think that's what caused the problem. There's no water damage and I did not drop the phone. It just happened. Is my warranty void because the phone is rooted? Also does anyone have any advice on how to fix it? Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00863.jpg
    DSC00863.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 5

clickerman

May 19, 2013
Visit site
The same thing happened to my s4 with T Mobile. All of a sudden entire screen turned a neon or fluorescent green. Unfortunately, the white tab inside the battery compartment was slightly red because I had put a slightly damp battery in. The phone had absolutely no water or shock damage. The T Mobile store would not replace it and I had to end up buying a new one. I wound up fixing the screen of the damaged phone for $300.00.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

lisan005

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been doing a lot of research and it looks like a good amount of people are having the same issue. I've contacted Samsung and they said they'll fix it at no cost to me. The only problem is that my phone is rooted so that would make my warranty voided. I can get into download mode, I believe. It's hard to tell because my screen is just all black with sparkles. I'm going to use odin to try to flash back to stock. I can't get Triangle Away on my phone since I can't access anything. Hopefully this will work. If anyone reading this had any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995