This will allow you to access your Gmail contacts from a tablet just like you're use to on your PC.

Login to your gmail account using your tablet's browser.
    Open up a new tab and type in the following URL:
    https://www.google.com/contacts

I have no idea why this is not integrated into Android's version of Gmail or why it is not a selectable option like Calendar, or why there isn't help on this when you do a search, so that's why I'm posting this. TOTALLY WEIRD!

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and I've done this on the Ipad as well.
    08-27-2013 10:43 AM
    Your phone's contact list used for this. It may be integrated into dialer, as mine is on my HTC One. Using the One as an example as I don't know what phone you use:
    Phone settings/accounts/google/add the account you wish to import contacts for
    After that tap on the account name and ensure Contacts is checked, as well as People Details
    After this, sync your account and they should come down to your contacts app.
    08-27-2013 11:05 AM
    Xfin - Thank you for this advice. It worked!
    01-19-2017 04:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You shouldn't have to do what the OP suggested. Assuming your tablet is synced to your Google account and your Contacts sync is turned on, all of your contacts should be available in your Contacts app. In the Gmail app, if you start an email and start typing a name, you will get a bunch of suggestions based on your own synced contacts. Or you can start from the Contacts app, select your contact, tap the email address you want to use, and Gmail will open immediately.
    01-19-2017 08:00 PM
    I am having problems with Google contacts syncing. On my Android Samsung S6, I am using the Gmail app for several Google hosted accounts. I have it set to sync email, contacts, and people for my primary email account. The settings says it is syncing. However, when I open the Contacts app on the phone, I see only about 1400 of the more than 2000 contacts in my Google cloud. I can find no pattern for which ones are missing.

I just tried resetting. I turned off contacts syncing in Gmail. I then went into the Contacts app and deleted all of the storage, leaving no contacts there. I rebooted the phone, and then turned contacts syncing back on in Gmail. In less than a minute it restored the contacts again, using less room in the memory, but it seems to be missing the same ones it was missing before.

Any suggestions? I have no idea what is going on. Thanks.
    08-16-2017 01:37 PM