I've been using the same 8gb micro sd card for about 6 months now...if has traveled from my Nexus One, to my Incredible, and now to my EVO...with no problems.

The other night, I uninstalled an app, and for whatever reason doing so had a detrimental effect on the sd card. All of my photos, videos, music, and any actual applications I had moved to the card all disappeared. Any non-media files stayed on there though...backup files, etc.

Beyond that, and what is most troubling, is that anything I put the card into starts running really sluggish when it tries to access the card. I tried my EVO, a friends phone, and even a pc, (albeit an older one...)

I had an issue once before with a card that said it was "corrupted" but I was able to put it into a pc card reader, pull all the files off, format the card, and put everything back on with no further issues...however this won't even seem to let me do that. When its in my phone, in the storage settings it says "no card", yet I can browse the files with Astro, and my Footprint widget still shows the pictures associated with each footprint, which it will not do when any other sd card is in there...

It's like the files are there...but they can't be accessed, and again, anything trying to read the card gets seriously bogged down. It wouldnt be a huge deal, except I haven't backed up my pics in quite a while, (dummy!!!!!) and I hate to think I lost a bunch of pics of my kids.

Can anyone help? I know there are programs that are supposed to recover sd card data, and I HAVEN'T formatted the card...will something like that work? If so, is there a higher recommended one? If not, is there anything else I can do? And lastly, if anyone knows why this did this, I'd love to know why...thank you.
    08-26-2010 07:24 PM
    I've been using the same 8gb micro sd card for about 6 months now...if has traveled from my Nexus One, to my Incredible, and now to my EVO...with no problems.

The other night, I uninstalled an app, and for whatever reason doing so had a detrimental effect on the sd card. All of my photos, videos, music, and any actual applications I had moved to the card all disappeared. Any non-media files stayed on there though...backup files, etc.

Beyond that, and what is most troubling, is that anything I put the card into starts running really sluggish when it tries to access the card. I tried my EVO, a friends phone, and even a pc, (albeit an older one...)

I had an issue once before with a card that said it was "corrupted" but I was able to put it into a pc card reader, pull all the files off, format the card, and put everything back on with no further issues...however this won't even seem to let me do that. When its in my phone, in the storage settings it says "no card", yet I can browse the files with Astro, and my Footprint widget still shows the pictures associated with each footprint, which it will not do when any other sd card is in there...

It's like the files are there...but they can't be accessed, and again, anything trying to read the card gets seriously bogged down. It wouldnt be a huge deal, except I haven't backed up my pics in quite a while, (dummy!!!!!) and I hate to think I lost a bunch of pics of my kids.

Can anyone help? I know there are programs that are supposed to recover sd card data, and I HAVEN'T formatted the card...will something like that work? If so, is there a higher recommended one? If not, is there anything else I can do? And lastly, if anyone knows why this did this, I'd love to know why...thank you.
    Now, I haven't had your issue, but I have had similar issues with an Xbox 360 HD (both SD card and HD store stuff). The HD would read on certain Xboxes, but not the last one I had. Supposedly, when it acts up like this, then the SD card is indeed corrupted. Remember, I COULD BE WRONG IN THIS SITUATION, but I think you may need to replace your SD card.

As to why this happens? It could be anything from a bad sd card with a really young EOL or it could have been corrupted in a software update, even if it may not have shown it immediately after update. This happened with my Macbook. Everything was fine with the HD until one random day, it stopped working. It was still recognized, but it showed as corrupted, even though it had just been working a moment before that. I wish I could help you more, but file corruption or even SD card corruption is the only thing I could find/think of at the time.
    tech911 likes this.
    08-27-2010 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD