Data uage of Google Play Movies & TV

puppa

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a question about the data usage on my Android Tablet (android 4.2.2) . On the top of "Data usage" list is "Google Play Movies & TV", which has 1.85GB. I once download a movie and I have deleted it after watching it. To find out the culprit, I searched all the possible directories such as 'Download" and "/android/data/com.google.android.movie" but just couldn't find that huge file. I even tried several apps such as "Easy Cache Cleaner" but still no luck. I feel kinda hopeless. Could anyone tell me how to find out that huge file?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Data Usage screen shows how much online data your apps have used. So if Google Play Movies/TV used 1.85 GB, that was 1.85 GB of data that it may have downloaded or streamed. It doesn't mean that a 1.85 GB file is still on your phone. If you unpinned it after watching it (which deletes it locally), then it is unlikely to be on your phone.

In any case, I believe the directory is /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.google.android.videos/files/Movies/.