Hi guys,

I'm very new to android but I must say I love everything about it so far. I bought a samsung s4 last week and haven't really put it down since. Yesterday, I bought a generic USB dongle thats OTG (I think). Anyway it lets me use USB flash drives with the phone. It was working perfectly yesterday and today wherein I could see my USB drive on the "MY Files" explorer (if that's what it's called). I was happily copying files to and from the USB drives.

BUT, at around lunchtime my phone prompted me of an update and so I did. I didnt think anything of it until this evening when I was proudly trying to brag of this USB capability of the S4 to all my iPhone using friends. sadly, the USB flash drive didn't register this time... I tried several ones that were working originally just this morning.

Could it be that the update messed up my phones functionality? Or is it the USB cable that suddenly conked out, but it seems ok to me though.

Anyway now, when I plug the flash drives in, the LED light in the flash drive still lights and there is a notification that a USB connector has been connected, but nothing appears on "my files" nor does the option to safely remove the USB cable appear on the notification page.

Is there a way to undo the update?

My android software is 4.2.2. Someone help me please. It's driving me nuts. The USB functionality is important to me. Thanks!
    08-30-2013 08:14 AM